EDELRID’s new FUSE guided type fall arrester enables an incomparably good glide movement up and down the rope from the first meter and is the only device of its kind on the market to comply with four different standards (EN 353-2, EN 12841-A, RfU 11.075, and ANSI Z359.15)—all in a compact design with easy handling.
Whether ascending or descending, the integrated centrifugal brake enables the device to move up/down the belay rope with incomparable ease from the very first meter. The integrated cam locking function can also be used for workplace positioning or to secure the rope in high winds. This makes it easy for users to focus on their work—while enjoying the particularly safe feel of the FUSE at all times.
The developers from Isny im Allgäu are particularly proud of a special design feature: “The FUSE is unlike any other device on the market as its trigger and blocking mechanisms are structurally separated, offering multiple benefits,” states Lucas Taddei, Work Safety Product Manager. “This separation and the absence of a toothed cam make the device particularly kind on ropes. The design also makes it possible to simply remove the FUSE from the rope after a fall.” The guided type fall arrester can be easily clipped or unclipped at any point on the rope without having to be disconnected from the harness.
Furthermore, the FUSE complies with all pertinent European and international standards for large diameter ranges and maximum user loads in a single device. The RfU-compliant edge test also ensures suitability for horizontal work on edges from which falls are possible. Coupled with its impressive compactness, these properties make the FUSE the most universal device in its class.
- Only device in the market that meets the standards EN 353-2, EN 12841-A, RfU 11.075, and ANSI Z359.15 for a payload of up to 140 kg – approved for horizontal applications
- Runs along incomparably smoothly from the first meter
- Separation of the blocking mechanism and its speeddependent activator – a patent application has been filed – improve reliability and safety
- Activation of the clamping cam at a speed exceeding 2 m/s
- Waiving at a toothed clamping cam reduces wear on the rope, prevents tearing of the rope, and ensures the blocking can be released without completely relieving the load
- Integrated RFID chip for simplified operational documentation
- Arrest function facilitates taut belaying in the working position and prevents sagging of ropes when it is exposed to wind
- Easy attachment and detachment from the rope without separation from the karabiner
- Use of DEFUSER energy absorbers reduces the arrest shock to 30 % below the standard
- For a rope diameter of 10 to 12 mm
- Certification: EN 353-2, EN 12841-A, RfU 11.075, ANSI Z359.15
- Weight: 420 g
- Max. User weight: 140 kg (Rescue: 220 kg)
- Suitable rope diameters: 10,0 - 12,0 mm